After your consultation, the doctor is able to issue you with a referral letter that can be used to consult with a specialist. Many insurance companies insist on you first receiving a referral letter from a GP before they will settle a claim for specialists fees.
The below instructions explain how to receive a referral letter via the RingMD app. These instructions are for the iOS app but a similar flow is in place for both Android and the web platform.
1. If the doctor has issued a referral letter for you then it will appear within your consultation report and you will also receive a notification.
2. Once you are inside the consultation report you will see the details of the referral and you will be presented with two options, (a) "View Referral", and (b) "Request Appointment".
3. If you click "View referral" you will be taken to your phones document viewer and be presented with a .pdf document of the signed referral letter. You can choose to download this from here if you wish.
4. If you click "Request appointment" then RingMD can assist you to schedule an appointment with this specialist at a time that is suitable for you. After clicking this button you will be presented with a confirmation screen.
5. By clicking "YES" on the booking appointment confirmation screen you are committing to a consultation with the specialist and a member of the concierge team will contact you via phone to arrange the consultation itself.
6. The concierge will now contact you to arrange the appointment and then schedule it within the RingMD app as well. You will then receive alerts and notifications to remind you of the upcoming appointment.